For the Career Development Program Fellowship, the Center For Emerging Visual Artists (CFEVA) seeks talented visual artists who live within a 100-mile radius of Philadelphia and are committed to a professional career in the arts. To be eligible, applicants must not have commercial gallery representation and may not be full-time students. Artists selected for the Career Development Program (CDP) participate in a strong public exhibitions schedule, a mentorship program, career counseling and numerous networking and professional development opportunities, known as Direct Connections. Deadline: November 1
The Center For Emerging Visual Artists selects artists of promise and commitment who are dedicated to a career as an artist. To apply visit cfeva.org
- Applicants must have a body of current work of more than 10 pieces, which the artist is able to show at the time of application. If selected for the Program, artists must be able to present their work in exposure opportunities offered throughout the year.
- To ensure maximum participation in CFEVA’s programs and to be eligible for grants and opportunities of a regional nature, applicants must live in CFEVA’s service area, which includes:
- Delaware (all counties)
- Northeastern Maryland (counties of Baltimore, Baltimore City, Caroline, Cecil, Harford, Kent, and Queen Anne’s ONLY)
- New Jersey (all counties)
- New York City (including all boroughs, but no other areas of New York state are eligible)
- Southeastern Pennsylvania (counties of Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Dauphin, Delaware, Lancaster, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Philadelphia, Schuylkill, and York ONLY)
- Applicants must not be enrolled full-time in school at the time of application. Taking classes part-time is permitted.
- Applicants may not have commercial gallery representation or a contractual relationship with a commercial gallery.
- Applicants must be dedicated to a life as a professional artist and to the Program.